Monday, May 21, 2018

91. Doctrines and Principles

Hey everyone!

Sorry in advance becasue Elder Zanini has some college stuff to take care of today, so we´ll be going down town today to figure it out. So this e-mail will be shorter. 

This week was incredible! We are seeing so many miracles in our area. Not necessarily the way we thought, hoped, or prayed, but the Lord has been blessing us so much and we are so happy to be working here. 

Our investigators are doing great. We are hopeful that in the next couple of weeks Karine will be baptized. She is doing great and went to church yesterday. The gospel has been changing her life. The gospel is true!

It has been super cold here lately, and winter is coming. So I am super jealous of you guys who are enjoying the 70´s and 80´s. My fingers are currently shaking as I write this e-mail, so sorry for the typos. 

We had a few investigators cut us this last week, but that is okay. We did our part. We taught them the doctrine and they made their decision. We were sad, but remembered that they have their ability to choose for themselves. It made me think of something Joseph Smith said when asked "How" he was able to govern so many people. He said something that I have tried to apply in my life and on my mission. He said,

"I teach them correct principles, and they govern themselves."

In D&C 58, one of my favorite sections in D&C, we learn, 

"For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward......For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward."

The Lord and the prophets teach doctrine and principles of the gospel. We then are able to choose for ourselves how we will live and apply those teachings. I am grateful to have agency, and I know that as we use our agency with wisdom, we are blessed and receive our "reward."

Have a great week! Amo voces.

Elder Nydegger

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...