To start off this week, we went on splits with Elder Martins and Elder Robertson once again. Elder Martins is from Manaus, Brazil and will be going home in two weeks, so it was a great opportunity for me to learn. He is a great missionary, and I actually learned a lot while on splits. We were able to mark some baptismal dates in his area and do a lot of street contacts.
On Wednesday Elder Zanini and I were able to get some quality work done in our area. We tracted almost the whole day trying to contact referrals. The members here are incredible. Almost our whole teaching pool was referrals from the members which is a blessing. When the members and missionaries work together, there is a big difference.
On Thursday and Friday we had more splits to do. I stayed in our area with Elder Gutierrez. He is from Mexico and is a great missionary. We were able to teach Shirley again which was great, and we remarked her baptismal date for June 9th. She is excited to go to church and she prays for answers daily. What an example!
We also had Edson´s baptismal interview on Friday. He passed and on Saturday we had his baptism! It was awesome, and we were so proud of him. He had battled his smoking addiction for a few months, but put his trust in the Atonement, and changed his life. Such a strong testimony builder. #splash
Sunday is always the busiest day of the week. Tons of meetings and lots of investigators to help get to church. But it was a great day, and a few of our investigators came to church. And to finish of the week, we did the Skype call home. So grateful for my family and the gospel.
With yesterday being Mother´s Day, it made me reflect last week the blessings I have received from my Mother. I also thought about some stories in the scriptures about faithful mothers. In Alma 53-56, we learn about the 2,000 stripling warriors. There was war in the land, and the Ammonites were determined to help the Nephites. However the Ammonites had covenanted with the Lord that they would never again "shed men´s blood." These 2,000 courageous young men were the children of the Ammonites who hadn´t made this oath. They stepped up and valiantly and courageously to join the cause. In chapter 57:21, Helaman expresses how they were extremely obedient because they had learned from their Mothers. It helped me understand an important roll that mothers have. To teach their children. I am so grateful for everything that my mom has taught me. I wouldn´t be where I am today without her. Sorry for the long thought this week, but I felt so grateful as I studied about this story. Love you all so much! Have a great week!
Elder Nydegger
No comments:
Post a Comment