This will be another quick one because we have transfers today. Elder Zanini sadly will be leaving.
Elder Haight will be my new companion. He is from Newport, and I am super stoked! It is also the start of my last transfer which is CRAZY! I can´t believe that I´m the oldest one in the mission now!
This week was incredible. On Saturday we had a Mission Conference with Elder Jeffrey R Holland. It was amazing. He taught us about the importance of our calling. Our calling as a missionary is the most important thing we will do in our lives because we are saving souls. Everything Heavenly Father does is to save souls. It was an awesome experience to receive an Apostle of Jesus Christ.
On Sunday we had Stake Conference, and Elder Quentin L Cook was presiding! It was another awesome experience to receive revelation and inspiration. In his closing testimony he testified that Jesus Christ is the head of the church by saying, "I know His voice, and I know His face." He truly is a special witness of our Savior.
A lot of our appointments fell through this week, so we have been looking for lots of new investigators. I´ll send more pics and news next week, but would like to finish with a few things I studied this week. A few of my favorite scriptures in D&C are...
D&C 82:10 - "I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."
Not very often do we hear that the Lord is "bound." But he truly is bound if we do what He says. He is bound to blessed us. He is bound to bless us because of the scripture we read in D&C 130:20-21
20 There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
21 And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.
It is that simple. When we receive any kind of blessing in our lives, it is because of our obedience to some principle in the gospel. But if we aren´t obedient, we "have no promise." It is something simple, but something maybe we forget. All of our blessings come from a loving Heavenly Father. Love you all!
Elder Nydegger
No comments:
Post a Comment