Monday, May 7, 2018

87. Gratitude

Hey everyone! 

Today is transfers, but I will be staying here in Itatiaia with my two comps! We are all stoked to keep working here. So grateful to be serving here. This area is amazing! 

This week we hit the streets hard looking for new investigators. We were able to find quite a few, which was some progress. I felt super grateful to have found these new people. And even more grateful to be able to teach them the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

On Tuesday we had our normal District Meeting which was powerful. One of the best ones I´ve had in the mission. The topic was "A Successful Missionary" It strengthend my testimony that to be a successful missionary, we don´t need to have high numbers. Yes we need to strive and give it our all to accomplish our goals, but our success as a missionary is measured upon our dedication and desire to find, teach, and baptize Heavenly Father´s children. I am so grateful for the time I have had to do this. The time I still have to give it my all to teach the gospel to others. 

On Thursday we found a new investigator named Shilrey. It was incredible. As we started talking to her, she told us that she recently had a dream. In this dream someone she doesn´t remember gave her a piece of paper. On the paper it was written, "I´m waiting for you in the Mormon church" This made her interested to know about this "Mormon Church" haha! We taught her about the wonderful story of the resoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She is so excited that she will be going to church next week! I am so grateful to have the knowledge of the restored gospel in my life. And my job is to share that knowledge with everyone.

On Friday we had a division with one of the District Leaders in the zone. I love going on splits because they are great opportunities to learn. I stayed here in our area with Elder Robertson. He is a great missionary from South Jordan. Such a great division, with pizza at the end :) 

Well I am almost out of time, and if you haven´t notice, my theme for this e-mail is gratitude. This week I felt soo grateful. Grateful for everything. For being a missionary, having this gospel in my life, for the opporunity to be here on Earth growing and learning, for my family, friends, and above all, for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that the Atonement changes lives. When we trust in the Savior and His atonement, we grow, learn, and change. And he blesses us. I am so grateful for all of the opportunities I have been blessed with. It also makes me think of how merciful God is with us. Moroni 10:3 is a scripture I like. 

"Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts."

Words can´t express how I feel, but I am so happy and I love the Lord. I love this Gospel and love you all so much!  

Elder Nydegger

1-2. Division with Elder Robertson
3. District Meeting


Splits with Elder Robertson
District Novo Mundo


No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...