Monday, May 7, 2018

82. Transferred to my last area

What´s up everybody!?

This week was so great. Well last week I was transferre to probably my last area. It is called Itatiaia. My new comp is Elder Zanini from São Paulo. We will be the zone leaders here in the Zone Novo Mundo (New World) We also will be comps with Elder Barbosa from Recife. We are all super good friends and arrived together on the mission, so we are having a great time working. 

And I am so happy in my new area. I mean wow the members, investigators, my comps. It has been great working here. The members are 100% envolved in the missionary work which makes the difference. They received us all so well. 

But anyways where to start... On late Monday night Sister Cuvelier gave us a ride to our new area, so work only started on Tuesday.

On Tuesday we got lost like five times haha. I am greatful for maps and answered prayers :) 

On Wednesday we continued teaching Edson. He has had difficulties with smoking and was able to stop, so we challenged him for baptism on Sunday. He accepted and was super excited. On Friday he was interviewed and passed his interview, so everyone one was preparing for his baptism on Sunday morning. Well we had been waiting for him for an hour and he didn´t show up, so we went to his house and he wasn´t there. In the end, he ended up not showing up to his baptism which was super akward, but turns out that he was sleeping because of a heavy medicine he takes. So he will have to wait another week to be baptized. 

Our new district here is awesome, and everyone is super outgoing and fun, so we have an awesome district. 

These past few weeks it rained a ton, and there were tons of floods, so on Saturday morning there was a ward activitiy to go help these people. We were in charge of making these little bags that had a BOM, some church invites and some pamphlets. It was a great opportunity to find new investigators. 

Sunday night there was another ward activity. Kind of like a ward family night. It is so amazing to see all of the members focused on the work of the Lord. That truly is what we learn in Matthew 6:33

We have been doing a ton of excercises every morning which is always fun.

This week I studied a lot in D&C about the worth of souls. The worth of every soul is great in the eyes of God. It makes me want to serve with more love. To serve with charity. The pure love of Christ. He was and is our perfect example in everything. 

Sorry this email is super unorganized, but I am doing so well and am so happy. I love missionary work, and know that all missionaries are called of god. Love you!

Elder Nydegger



Lunch with the Amaral Family
Dinner with the Savelli Family


New companions! Elder Zanina and Elder Barbosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...