Friday, September 2, 2016

Almost half way through MTC!

Week 3 has already come and gone, and I can´t believe that Tuesday marks my half way mark here at the MTC! There has been a lot of fun, spiritual, and humbling moments this week, but I am loving my time here at the CTM!!

Well to start off the week, I had a humbling, spiritual yet funny moment. We had a lesson with our ``investigator`` on Monday. We taught about the first vision, and at the end of the lesson, Elder Herlin accidentally called the First Vision a ``sonho``... which means dream. Elder Reid and I started laughing a little, while trying to hold it in. It was hard, but as soon as we walked out the door, we started laughing and Elder Herlin was so confused. We told him what happened, and he wanted to go back... haha! It was such a funny experience, however it was very humbling. This was our first lesson with this new investigator, and being our third week, they spoke Portuguese faster and faster. She spoke in full speed, which was very difficult and challenging to understand and communicate, however we made it through. It is very cool though because you can feel the Holy Ghost guiding you and prompting you what to say, even if you don´t know how to speak the language perfectly! I feel very blessed to know that Heavenly Father loves us so much to give us a member of the Godhead to dwell with us.. Never take it for granted..

The MTC is such a spiritual experience! Yesterday we heard a wonderful devotional from the Brazil area president and his wife! His wife spoke about the Brother of Jared (found in the first few chapters of Ether).  He was successful in leading them across the waters because he had 5 traits that he worked on. He was humble, patient, diligent, hard working, and trusted the Lord. She later spoke about how if we all can develop those 5 traits, we can be successful missionaries, and successful people in life. 

Other than that, this week has flown by, and not much has changed.. My Portuguese is slowly yet surely coming, I love my companions and my district, and the food is awesome! (However, I still couldn´t really tell you anything I have eaten, because it looks so unusual, but it is some form of beef or chicken) Also, being bugged by my parents all the time to play the piano has paid off! I have played every week in priesthood so far. 

I miss and love you all!!

Tive uma boa semana!

Elder Nydegge

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...