Shoutout to everyone receiving mission calls! I realize that two years ago I was in your spot. You guys are going to represent the Lord! Get ready and get pumped! I am jealous that you guys still have two years to serve as a missionary. I only have 3 months :(
This is finally a P-Day not so busy, so I´ll be able to write a better e-mail today. But anyways we are doing so great, and are all so happy! Last week was incredible. I don´t think there exists a bad week on the mission :) I love this work.
Buuut, we are super busy all of the time because we have to take care of two wards, and we are opening the area, but it is in these moments that we grow! It makes me think about the missionaries who have to take care of stakes! Although we don´t have a car or a bike, so we end up walking quite a bit every day! Every day is leg day. #getyoked
This week we were all super tired, so didn´t get out as much as we liked to jog or to play some basketball.
When I start writing the weekly letter, it seems like the week was a blur, so it requires some thinking because so much happens.
We were all getting really excited for Lucas´ baptism, but unfortunately his dad won´t let him. His dad thinks he is really young. We were sad, and he was even more sad, but we also remembered that everything happens in the Lord´s time. We did our part, and have to rely on the Lord. He will still go to church, and we will still visit him, but for now he won´t be able to be baptized.
We spent quite a lot of time this week looking for new people to teach. We started teaching a girl named Suzi. She is a less actives friend, and we are hoping to help Suzi be baptized and also at the same time reactivate her friend, Ingrid. She has a desire to know for herself if there exists a true church.
We also started teaching a man named Sandro. His wife and daughter are both members, but he isn´t. He is completely open about the church, but is strong in the Catholic church. Yesterday we taught him about the restoration. We shared with him our testimonies of Joseph Smith, and how we got our testimonies. We invited him to find out for himself if these things are true. We are anxious to follow up with him.
The temple was AMAZING! The spirit is always so strong, and my testimony was strengthened, and I know that the temple is the house of the Lord. As I entered, it seemed as if all of the noise and problems of the world just dissapeared. It was reverent quiet, and the spirit was present. I am so grateful to have a temple in our mission. In the long term, we want our investigators to be able to make covenants in the temple so they can return back to Heavenly Father´s presence.
Everyone is super exited because this week Elder Basset is coming to our mission. He is the Area First Counselor! Super excited to learn how to be a more effective missionary, and a more powerful servant of Christ.
This week I tried to reflect on the covenants I have made with Heavenly Father. After going to the temple, once again I felt my testimony of covenants reconfirmed once again. I want to be faithful to all of my covenants so I can return back to Heavenly Father´s presence. I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Nydegger
| Temple trip with the Zone |
No comments:
Post a Comment