It feels weird that another week has gone by again. Time really flies when you are out here! Days are long, but weeks are short, but I am really enjoying my time here! I love the CTM!
We all are very lucky because on Wednesday Elder Neil A. Anderson is coming! When you are on your mission, your appreciation and admiration for apostles, prophets, and leaders for God really grows! I am very excited, we usually stream broadcasts from Provo, so it will be a very spiritual experience having an apostle come in person!
We went proselyting for the first time last Saturday, and it was our first experience in the real world! The language is definitely something different then what they are teaching us in the MTC, but I was able to understand and pick out important parts. We first talked to a man who was playing Pokemon Go (that is how most of the conversations start). We spoke about why we were in Brazil, and we gave him a Book of Mormon, and wished him on his way. Who knows where it will lead him, but it was such a spiritual moment finally witnessing missionary work first hand in the mission field. The Holy Ghost is real, and you can really feel him prompting you and helping you think of what to say!
What else happening this week?? Hmm, it is hard to talk about things because every day is almost the same, but we did get to watch some awesome talks by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland on Tuesday, and they were remarkable. He talked about teaching with the spirit and how important it is. If you aren´t teaching with the spirit, no matter what you think, your investigators aren´t learning. This taught me a great lesson, and I now know the importance of teaching with the spirit and pointing it out to investigators.
Turns out a lot of the instructors down here are huge fans of Phineas and Ferb, and Blink 182, so Elder Reid and I find ourselves laughing about that a lot!! I have tons of pictures I am wanting to send, so be prepared for a long email with lots of pictures in three weeks! Other than that not much is different, the language is coming, and I can communicate fairly well with Brazilians now!
Love you all!!
Elder Nydegger
No comments:
Post a Comment