Hey! This week was another amazing week. I am soo happy here, and I feel like each week I continue to learn more and more. I feel more and more lucky to have a God who has made a plan so I can progress!
But the Thanksgiving dinner was super good, and it actually made me miss American food quite a bit. Sister Cuvelier made stuffing, turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. And finished it off with a nice Pumpkin Pie. I think it was the first time in these 15 months that there wasn´t rice and beans on the table. Not that I don´t like rice and beans, but lets just say it was a nice break haha.
This week we received a referral. Her name is Melissa. She is pretty special. We went to teach her Thursday afternoon, and she is already so excited to be baptized. She is deeply searching for a testimony of the Restoration, so what better way to search it than through the Book of Mormon! We testified of the Book of Mormon, and she wanted to mark her baptismal date! We were able to mark her baptism for December 9th. It made me so happy. As I have expressed, lately we have been struggling to find new investigators, so I feel so grateful to be able to teach her, and help her come unto Christ.
Yesterday we made tons of contacts, and have marked a few to return today. We are trying to talk with everyone we can, whether it is knocking doors, street contacting, in the market etc. Something my brother-in-law Landon once told me, has really stuck with me, and I still remember it daily. He said "If not you, who? If not now, when?" If I don´t talk with this person, then who will? If I don´t talk now, then when will I? I could be that person´s only chance to hear the Restored Gospel. If Heavenly Father needs something to be done, I want to be worthy and reliable to do that for Him. I am grateful to have family members like this who are worthy examples for me, and constantly support me.
Lanny has all of his documents ready for the marriage!! We are going to try to mark a date with his this week.
Willen has been struggling lately, which is hard to see, but we still are supporting him.
Thanksgiving is always a nice time to stop and think of what we are grateful for. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has blessed me immensely. Who has blessed me with such an amazing family, with His Gospel, with the sacrifice of His son, with an opportunity to serve a mission, and with my life. It is hard to express myself completely in words, but he has power to transform our lives if we trust in him. I need to be better and show this gratitude daily.
I am super stoked for the church´s #LightTheWorld campaign. They did it last year, and they are going to do it again this year. We had conferences this past week, and President talked about this. Every day has another way we can follow Christ´s example. Christ was so willing to do the Father´s will, and I am so grateful for that. The more I come to testify of Him, the more I come to know Him, and the more I come to want to be like Him. I am eternally grateful for his sacrifice.
I´ll stop rambling on with this email haha. It makes me think of a phrase that Michael Scott once said of how he sometimes starts sentences, and doesn´t even know why or where he is taking it haha. Sometimes I feel the same in these emails.. Love you all so much!
Elder Nydegger
#SejaALuzDoMundo
| Lunch with Brother Franco! |
| We decorated the office for Christmas |
x
No comments:
Post a Comment