Tuesday, November 28, 2017

64. New Investigators

What´s up once again!!

This week was unbelievable, and I am so happy. 

As I expressed in my last email, we were having a lot of problems finding new investigators. Well we continued to give it our all, and this week the Lord blessed us with two new families. 

These families are pretty different. One family is a little more humble, and don´t live in the favela. "slum" The other family lives in one of the most expensive parts of the city. This made me reflect quite a bit on how this gospel is for everyone. The important thing in life is that we live the Gospel. We are going to teach this families again on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

We went to Lanny´s last night and read 1 Nephi 14 with them. This chapter talks a little about the "last days." Lanny made an awesome comment about the last days.. He was counseling his children about the living in the last days. He said, "Do the simple things every day (scripture, prayer, etc.) and you won´t have to worry. It was a nice moment to stop and think if I am doing th little things every day. 

Martain has been super stoked to go to the temple on the 29th. He will be getting the Priesthood this Sunday, and will be able to pass the sacrament. He has been such an example for his family back in the Netherlands. 

Today we had a ward lunch. We ate feijoada. (See pictures below) It was amazing. It is a mix of beans, and a bunch of pig parts haha. But it is amazing. The food for sure is going to be something I will miss in the future.  

I have passed in some areas that were pretty easy to find investigators, so it has been an adjustment for me here. I felt immense joy as we found two more families. Words can´t really express how happy I am right now, but I just love the Gospel so much. The decision to follow this Gospel and to be a disciple of Christ was the best decision in my life. I still have a lot to improve, and am no where near perfect, but I am never looking back. This gospel is perfect! I really like the scripture Romans 1:16. I am proud to be a member of this church! Have an amazing week everyone!

Elder Nydegger
Elder Freitas and Elder Hludzinski
The Office


Left to right: Elder Da Silva, Elder Dias, Elder Haight

Feijoada!

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...