Christmas is one more week closer, and even though it is super hot here, I can feel the Christmas Spirit.
We have been participating of the Light the World Campaign, and have been giving out tons of pass along cards on the street!
We are going to hoping to have a "white Christmas" this year as we are going to mark a baptismal date with Melissa para o dia 24 of December. She is excited, and we are hoping to baptize her daughter too, who has 15 years. They are both awesome! Melissa is also a Physcologist, so teaching can be interesting haha.
On Monday, all of the zones in Curitiba were able to sing in a play!! It was so awesome. It was fun to see missionaries from the Curitiba Mission also. I was able to see from friends from the MTC. It was nice to catch up.
But anyways, the purpose of the play was to kick off the Christmas Season. Lots of Michael Buble and Jackson 5. Let me tell you, Michael Buble´s Christmas Album is fire! It made lots of missionaries miss music, but the spirit was so strong when we entered to sing.
We sang "Um por Um" (One by one) The lyrics were written by Elder Davida A. Bednar, and the lyrics touched me. So many people were crying because of the strong spirit that was present.
We have been preparing quite a bit for the Christmas Conferences we will have in a week and a half. The whole mission is going to be in Curitiba over three days, so it is going to be crowded haha.
We have put together a list of Family Night´s here in the Ward. Every week we have one Family Night where we can take investigators, less actives, and recent converts to get to know the members. It is effectful, and helps connect the missionary work to the ward. I have loved this ward and area!
I have attached the lyrics of the song we sang. Of course it was in Portuguese, but here are the words in English. The spirit was so real!
"One by one, one by one.
Christ looked around Him and saw their tears.
One by one, one by one.
In His compassion, He calmed their fears.
Jesus Christ healed each one brought forth unto Him.
Then He blessed each precious child and prayed for them.
The angels descended from heaven above,
Encircling those little ones; each felt His love.
One by one, one by one.
He intercedes for each daughter and son.
One by one, one by one.
Strength from His grace gives us pow’r to become,
One by one."
I love the meaning from the words. Especially the second to last line. With Jesus Christ´s grace, we can become better. We can trust in him, and grow spiritually. I am grateful to have a Savior who made this possible. Progression is real because of Him. This is the best time to remember him. He came into this world for us. It is possible for every one of us to have a personal relationship with him. I know that He loves all of us. I feel this during this Christmas season, and know that He lives!! Love you all so much! Have an excellente week!
Elder Nydegger
P.S. I still don´t have pictures from the play, so I will get them for next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment