Tuesday, November 28, 2017

61. Pizza in the Dark

Hey everyone! 

Sorry in advance that this email is going to be so short, but this afternoon we have a barbeque of the Elder´s Quorum, so we are going to be busy helping with that, and getting our investigators to the activity. The members here are so awesome, and are so interested and happy to help with the misisonary work.

Well today marks the tenth day that we are without light/energy in our house, so lots of cold showers, and lots of nights stubbing toes on the table, but it should be coming back this week, so we are hopeful hah!

This week we were able to teach Martain again, which was awesome. We talked more about the commandments. He is happy living the commandments because he knows he will continue to be blessed as he lives them. He is also very interested in baptisms for the dead. He has already started his family history work. He loves the idea that he can be baptized for family members who have passed away.

Willen still hasn´t been wanting to come to church or the activities, which we are sad about, but we will continue to visit him to strengthen him, and look for new ways to encourage and help him.

Keidson said he wants to come to the barbeque this afternoon. Integration with the members will help him a lot. He is having lots of difficulties right now, which have been pretty hard on him, and he is struggling, so we are trying to help him every day. We are going to do a service project there at his house to help his situation a little. 

We have been struggling to find new investigators here in the city, but we are continuing to put in our effort, and we know the Lord will help us.


I have been thinking lately of how grateful I am for prayer. Prayer is such a key tool we have here in mortality to receive help, inspiration, and revelation.

On the mission, there are leaders who collect all of the weekly numbers, and we can report back to them about our week, and how it went. 

I think it is the same with Heavenly Father. At the end of the day, we can kneel down, think, talk, and report back to our Father. We can thank him, report back to him of the things we have accomplished, and seek for advice as to what more we should be accomplishing, and for ways to improve. 

I know that he answers us and listens to these prayers. I love to listen for the still small voice that puts thoughts and answers into my head when I pray. I know that Heavenly Father will continue to give me direction and ways to improve.

While it is very important to do these things, just as important is what follows. That is acting. 
James 2:17 teaches us that, we need to act also. If we do act and pay the price, we will receive the reward.

I am grateful for the power of prayer in my life. It truly can transform, help, and guide us in all aspects. Our Heavenly Father wants to give us answers, but we need to do our part before he can give us all of the answers. Everything he does is for our benefit :) 

Love
Elder Nydegger

No electricity doesn't stop us from eating pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...