Tuesday, November 28, 2017

62. Baptism of Martijn

Hey everyone!!

What a week! Lots of meetings and conferences, so it was nice to catch up with some old friends. 

Some areas in the mission are far away from Curitiba, so often people sleep in our house with us. Elder J Santos (Companion from Guarapuava) came and slept with us because we had a leadership counsil. It was nice to catch up on old times, but it also made me miss Guarapuava lot :( While the office is a nice opportunity to learn more and to help the mission, a part of me misses the field a lot. However, I am happy to serve where the Lord needs me. 

On Tuesday night, we had 14 people sleeping in our apartment haha! It was tight, but fun to talk with everyone. 

Not sure if you guys remember an investigator I had in Guarapuava with Elder J Santos Gustavo, but he was baptized! It was awesome to hear he was baptized. 

Anyways, highlight of the week, Martijn´s baptism!! It was so cool, and the spirit was so strong. We ended up filling the water higher, so he could be baptized standing up. It couldn´t have gone better, and he was so happy. He has a strong testimony. 

Also, after 15 days, the light came back in our apartment! We weren´t use to warm showers, so that for sure was awesome to have again hah! 

We are currently looking to help reactivate the young men who have mission age. We are working hard to strengthen the youth in our ward. 

I like the following quote. I believe it was President Uchtdorf who said it. It is something like this, "We give those small steps of faith the name of obedience."

I like that so much. Often times we won´t have a solid concrete answer, but we will need to do act with our faith. As we do this, we are being obedient. We knoe that obedience is the first law of heaven. It can´t be sacrificied for anything. In our lives, at times we will have to sacrifice things to be obedient. But this will eternaly bless us. 

Elder Nydegger

We were on our tippy toes!
Celebrating after the baptism with some pizza in the dark again. 

Martijn was baptized by Jeferson, member of the Vila Aurora Ward


No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...