Well last week of the transfer here, so it has been an awesome and busy week. There will be eight misisonaries going home this transfer, and ten more coming, so it should help out the mission with a few more missionaries. President always loves when more arrive than go home hah!
Guilherme arrived late to church on Sunday, so unfortunately wasn´t able to pass the sacrament for his first time. He was bummed, but it at least helped him learn the importance of being punctual.
Martijn will receive the Priesthood this Sunday which will be sweet! He his so excited to do Baptismf or the Dead. President will probably let us go with him which will be cool.
This week we spent a lot of time again looking for new investigators. We are using some lists of less actives that we have received from the Ward Secretary.
We were talking with a man on the road when his neighbor accidently kicked a soccer ball at us. When I tried to kick it back to him, the ball went off of my foot crookedly, and I totally lost this kid´s ball. Guess I am better with a ball in the hands than I am with a ball in the feet. It was embarassing, and Elder Prestes was dying of laughter because I looked so dumb haha.
A drunk guy came uo to us this week and asked us for money. He started rubbing my hair and got in my companions face a little haha. No violence, but haha he was out of it. He told us that all of the Mormons respect him and worship him. Poor guy.
We are also really trying to help reactivate the less active young men who could potential to be misisonaries. We aren´t having very much success in entering houses, but we are talking to a lot of people. Even while we aren´t able to enter, I was very happy because I knew I was accomplishing my purpose.
I try to read the missionary purpose often. It says, "We invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end."
It is nice to know that if I strive my best to just invite everyone, I am accomplishing my purpose as a missionary. So anyways, we don´t have very many investigators right now, but we are working our hardest to find them. It can be frustrating some times, but I try to stay on the positive side. :)
Well enough rambling for this week, Love you all so much. Thanks for the consant prayers.
Elder Nydegger
No comments:
Post a Comment