Monday, July 10, 2017

46. Week 1 of New Transfer

Hey everyone!! Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!! It truly was an awesome experience having a birthday on the mission. Yesterday, we were able to find a new family who had a family member pass away recently. It was the best birthday being able to help more of Gods children! 

Well this week was incredible. We are seeing so many miracles in our area, and are being blessed by the Lord so much. My new companion is awesome. He has been one of my biggest friends on the mission, so I am so excited to work with him. He is from Natal, Brazil, and is a great missionary. I look up to him a lot, and I am learning so many things. He loves the American Breakfast, "French Toast" haha, so I am going to make it for him! 

This week we did splits with an area called Prudentópolis. I stayed in the area with Elder Pequeno. We were walking to one of our appointments, and felt that we should knock on a few doors. We knocked, and were able to find a woman who is super prepared to receive the restored gospel. She lives alone with her daughter, and is passing through lots of difficulties. Her husband left her after having her daughter, and doesn´t support her so much. She was grateful to receive us, and the Holy Ghost comforted her. We are returning today to continue to teach her.

Unfortunately we are still struggling to get our investigators to church. We are continuing to work, and know the Lord will bless us. I am continually learning the importance of church attendance. It is amazing to be able to take the sacrament every week.

We are also starting to work in a new area. We are starting basically from nothing, but it has been such a great experience to see how the Lord blesses us every moment of the day. We are already starting to find lots of new investigators. 

This week I have really felt a lot of love for the people I get to serve. I know that God loves us all perfectly and unconditionally, and cares deeply about all of us. He has a plan for all of us, and I know that when we choose to follow him, he blesses us. Love you all so much! 

Elder Nydegger

Baptism in the Ward Bonsucesso
The arrival of new missionaries to the Zone. 


Picture with Pedro, one of our recent converts


No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...