Monday, July 10, 2017

44. 6th week of the Transfer

Hey everyone!! Crazy to think that it is already the last week of the transfer! I am loving my area here, and am pretty sure I will stay here. Elder Graças has been here for quite a bit of time, so he most likely will be transferred. 

This week was amazing! We were able to get some of our investigators to church! We were so happy. As we were struggling a little with that, it was an awesome feeling as we were able to reach our goal this week.

Yesterday our investigators Antonion Carlos, and Marcos were both able to come to church. Marcos is doing great. He was able to find a job, and he is very grateful. He has recognized the God blesses us when we live the gospel. We are going to try to remark their wedding for the 29th of July.

We also were able to find some new investigators this week. One of them is very prepared to receive the restored gospel. His name is Diego. He is 24 years old, and actually studies the bible very often. He has been to lots of churches, but told us he didn´t like any of them because they don´t apply and live the principles and doctrine that they teach. We are going to return there tomorrow, and teach him about the restoration of the gospel. 

This week I pondered and read Mosiah chapter 2. One of my favorite chapters. I really like verse 22, that tells us that only thing that God requires us to do is keep his commandments. If we do this, we will "prosper in the land." Later in verse 41, it goes into more depth about "prospering in the land" It says that we will be blessed not in just spiritual things, but also in material things. As we keep the commandments, the Lord will bless us. Marcos, our investigator started to put his trust in God, going to church, studying the scriptures, praying, etc., and the Lord has blessed him. I am grateful for a loving God who blesses us so much as we do what he asks us to do! Love you all so much! 

Elder Nydegger

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...