Monday, July 10, 2017

43. Zone Conference

What´s up everyone!

This week was another cold week, but also filled with tons of blessings. This week we had Zone Conference! It was such an awesome experience to learn. President talked a lot about distractions. Often time as missionaries, we can be distracted, and when we are distracted, we may lose opportunities to share the gospel. Elder Graças and I gave a training on how to help people keep commitments. It is something we have been trying to improve here. It was an awesome experience to see old friends also.

This week we were able to mark baptismal dates with Marinaldo and Alice for th 22nd of July. They weren´t able to come to church yesterday, but have decided to come this next Sunday. We talked a lot this week about receiving answers to our prayers. They have received an answer to their prayers about the church, prophet, Joseph Smith, etc., but still are struggling to recognize it as an answer. They have so much faith as they continually pray, read the scriptures, and ponder. I still haven´t taken a picture with them, but definitely will this week!

We also started teaching a man named Antonio Carlos. It was actually a very special experience we had finding him. We had just finished lunch one day, and we started walking up the street. We had passed his house, and was outside just enjoying the afternoon. As we passed, we decided that we should have talked to him. We returned, and started to talk with him. He has been Catholic for many years, but has also been to lots of churches. We were able to talk to him about the Restoration, and we were able to mark a baptismal date with him for the 22nd of July. He has family members that are actually members of the church. We are so excited to return and follow up with him!

This week I focused my study a lot on Obedience. When I was in the MTC, the MTC President told us that exact obedience brings exact blessings. In Preach My Gospel, it says that Obedience is the first Heavenly Law. I thought  a lot about that sentence, and why it is that obedience is the first Heavenly law. Everything we do in the church is centered in obedience, and sometimes we have to sacrifice things to be obedient. As we strive to be obedient in our lives, the Lord will bless us. I really like the scripture D&C 130:21,

And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."

Love you all! Have such an amazing week!

Elder Nydegger


Splits with Elder Da Silva

Zone Conference Selfie!

Elder and Sister Ferguson

Elder J. Santos

Elder J. Carvalho and Elder Pequeno

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...