Monday, July 10, 2017

42. Even Colder

Hey everyone. First off, I had no idea it could get so cold in Brazil, and secondly, you all are enjoying summer, so I am jealous! 

Although the weather was a brutal, it was an amazing week! We are continuing to find more people to teach. We are struggling in helping these investigators come to church, but we are working through it. The people here are very receptive, and I am loving this area.

Marcos and Daniele (the couple I talked about last week) are still great. Unfortunately they weren't able to come to church yesterday, but they are still happy and excited for the 17th of July.

This week we made the 4 hour trek to Curitiba. I had to renew some documents. It was a cool experience. My friends from the MTC were there, so it was awesome to remember our experiences in the MTC. Because the trek is so long, we weren't able to work as much this week.

We are still teaching that excellent family that I spoke of last week. Their names are Marinaldo, Alice, and Ana. They are very humble, and I continue to learn so much with them. They still haven´t committed to come to church, but we are praying, pondering, and studying to help them. We have been able to teach them the Plan of Salvation. Their other son passed away a few years back, and it was a very hard experience for them. They were grateful to know that they will see him again.

This next week we have Zone Conference. It is going to be an awesome opportunity to learn how we can be better and more effective missionaries.

This week I studied a lot on humility. The Savior was a perfect example in being humble. I think of the classic scriptures when he was suffering in Gethsemane, and he submitted to Heavenly Father´s will. He didn´t want to go through what he did, but he did it because it was His father´s will. That is the definition of humility. When we submit to the will of Heavenly Father, and put our desires behind us. It is something I have been trying to work on. To focus on the Lord´s will. I have found that when I do so, I am in harmony with the spirit, and can feel the spirit working through me. I love this gospel, and everything I learn and improve thanks to this Gospel!

Elder Nydegger

Selfie with Elder Gracas


Trip to Federal Police Station with MTC district

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...