Wednesday, April 5, 2017

32. Zone Conference

Hey everyone! Hope all was well this week with Spring Break and everything! Not much to say this week as we were in Curitiba almost the whole week with meetings, conferences, and interviews, but still I have a few stories to tell.

First off, Felipe wasn´t able to be baptized this last week, but we were able to teach him. We taught him of the Plan of Salvation, and he is still excited to be baptized. We are going to teach him again tonight, and hopefully he will be able to be baptized this next Saturday in between the sessions of Conference.

Lucas and Bianca are both still excited, and happy. She was able to get the documents for the wedding, and on April 15th the will be married, and soon after Bianca will be baptized. It is amazing how this gospel is affecting their lives. 

We also were able to enter a few more houses this week as we knocked. We were able to teach this two girls about the Restoration. Their names are Liliani who has 19 years and Luana who is 17. It was funny because at the end of the lesson she asked, "How old do you have to be to serve a mission?" We said that it is 18 for the boys, and 19 for the girls. She then said " Yes!! I can still go!" Haha it was funny, but she actually has been showing some interest. She is wanting to come to church this next week, and we have marked to go back there on Friday. 

We are now officially a trio here in Samambaia. Elder Garzon has finished his two years, and is headed back to Mexico right now. Elder Silva, Elder Dos ANjos, and I will be staying here in a trio until the end of the Transfer. We are excited, yet have a big area we are caring for right now! 

One more week until conference, and we are all super excited here! I have always liked to go into conference with a question. And somehow the Lord always answeres that question through one of the speakers, or maybe even some of the beautiful music. The Lord may not answer are prayers and questions how we would like, but he ALWAYS will answer! I love you guys! Have a good week!

Elder Nydegger


Last picture with Elder Garzon

MTC District.  Left to right: Elder Hall, Elder Eschenberg, Elder Herlin, Elder Reid, me.

MTC companion Elder Reid

Morning picture with Elder Silva

Zone picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...