Where to start.. Well first off, Sydnei was baptized!! It was awesome to see him enter the baptismal waters, and make the sacred covenants of baptism. He was so happy, and the spirit was so strong. He also received the priesthood this last Sunday. He is so happy and excited to be a member of the church!
Last Monday spent almost the whole day waiting for Elder Rodriguez´s bus to arrive. It finally arrived, and it was pooring rain. Thankfully we had a member to help us with his bags, who then took us to get hot dogs. Not sure if I have already said it, but the hot dogs here are wayyy different than the hot dogs in the U.S. Not to mention they are much better too! I´ll have to take a picture and send it. But it was a cool experience, and reminded me how awesome the members are.
Bianca and Lucas are awesome. We had an amazing family night with them last night. We did the family night with Andressa and Luciano. They are another couple who aren´t yet married. Andressa is a less active, but Luciano isn´t a member. We are helping them to mark a marriage date. It was an awesome family night, and we talked about the importance of families. Sadly I forgot to take a picture, but I´ll be sure to take one this week!
Other than that, lots of doors knocked this week as we are trying to find more people to teach. We are great and happy here, and enjoying the Lord´s work. I continue to learn so much here, and every day I feel gratitude for the opportunity I have to be here on the mission. Even in hard times, the Lord blesses us so much. We had a contact this week ask us why some people have such hard lives. I have thought about it a lot this week. And it makes me think of the scirpture in Alma 34. Verse 32 tells us that we are here preparing before we meet God again. I thought about this and how often times Heavenly Father lets us suffer so we can learn. He truly knows the best way for us to learn. President Monson once said as he was talking about the Plan of Salvation, "He does nothing save it be for our benefit" As I thought about this I was comforted knowing that the Lord always watches over his children. Even when people have hard lives and trials, Heavenly Father watches out for his children.
I love you all so much, and am grateful for all of your prayers and support. Boa semana!
Elder Nydegger
| Sydnei's baptism! |
| Selfie with Elder Silva, Elder Rodriguez, and Elder Dos Anjos |
No comments:
Post a Comment