First off, shout out to the boys in the Holladay 18th Ward receiving their misison calls! You guys are the next generation, and are going to be powerful missionaries. Represent!!
This has been a great week here. Especially because of the baptism! Felipe was able to get baptized! It was awesome, and very spiritual. He also was able to receive the priesthood already. He was super excited, and he said to us, "I can´t believe that I am actually a member of this church" It was awesome!
Last Monday we were able to teach him with his mom. His mom attends a different church, so she doesn´t like to participate sometimes. We invited her to the baptism of Felipe, but she didn´t show much interest. We later moved the baptism for another time so she would be able to attend. On Saturday she entered, and it was a great and spiritual experience for her! I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and how Heavenly Father teaches us!
This week it also rained a ton! On Thursday it rained almost the whole day, and we didn´t have an umbrella. Not a great idea. On Friday I woke up with a fever and a cold. I learned my lesson the hard way. hah! The Assistants also came on Thursday and we had a division. It was such a great opportunity. I was able to learn so much, and it made me grateful for the leaders we have here in our mission!
Bianca still is awesome, and her date is strong. She had to move the baptismal date to the 22nd, but she is still very excited. She bore a very powerful testimony about the Book of Mormon, and she has a strong testimony already!
We also taught Sydnei again this week, and he still is striving to keep the Word of Wisdom! We are excited for his baptism also!
This week we had another meeting in Curitiba. President talked a lot about obedience, and the importance of being exactly obedient. There is a phrase I love that says this, "Exact obedience brings exact blessings" This is true. Not just in the mission, but in everything. With the commandments, with jobs, in life, we can receive so many blessings when we are obedient. I am grateful for this Gospel and everything that I have learned. Um abraço!
Elder Nydegger
| Picture with the District. Left to right: Me, Elder Smith, Elder Dos Anjos, Elder Pereira, Elder Silva, Sister C. Silva, Sister Andrade. |
| Splits with the AP's, Elder Rafael and Elder J. Santos |
| Felipe's baptism |
No comments:
Post a Comment