Tuesday, January 24, 2017

23. Transferred!

Wow it has been quite a week!! First off transfers!! We received the call early Monday morning that I was going to be transferred to Paranguá! Paranguá is the hottest part of the mission, and is next to the beach here. They called very early because it is about a 3 hour bus ride to Paranguá. But I arrived here last night at about 10pm Also, there are mountains here!! I was really excited to finally see mountains again! Right now I am surrounded by them, almost like Utah hah! But it also is super hot and humid, so lots of sweating and lots of mosquitos! I will be training again, but will also be the District Leader here in Samambaia. I am excited and grateful for the opportunity I will have to serve, learn, and grow here! My companions name is Elder Joglar. He is from Argentina, and is still learning Portuguese. He is amazing, and very excited about the work.

I truly thought I was going to stay in my area in Luz, but the Lord has a different plan for me. I loved that area, and hold it very close to my heart because of everything I learned there. I was a bit emotional leaving the area, but also excited to know my new area. 

The last week in Luz was awesome! We truly were seeing the fruits of our labor. Matues returned from his trip, and is continuing to progress. Claudine and Adriana are very excited and happy. We taught them last week, and unfortunately aren´t interested any more. They are very firm in the Catholic church. However they gave us tons of referrals! They think this missionary work is awesome, and they want us to teach there friends and some people they know. It was a bit hard to hear this, but I just remembered that the Lord has a different time for them. And for now, we planted a seed with them. 

Funny story of the week.. 
On Sunday we asked a member if he could help us give a ride to some investigators. He accepted, but didn´t look too thrilled. On the way to their house, he said, "I promise I am not going to give one more ride to an investigor. Because when a person is sick, the person goes to the hospital. The hospital doesn´t go to that person!" Haha Elder Morais and I both had a good laugh

This week I studied the passages of Christ when he was in Gethsemane. And how he truly submitted to the will of the Father. I have tryed to focus on that this week. Truly submitting to the will of Heavenly Father, and doing essentially what He wants. I have already noticed several blessings that come when we do so. Love you all, and hope you are all well. Sorry for the short email! But lots of adventures will come this next week! Vai com Deus!

Elder Nydegger

Division with Elder Sousa last week.

My new companion from Argentina - Elder Joglar

Roomates: Elder Joglar, Elder Garzon, and Elder Dos Anjos

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...