Monday, January 9, 2017

21. Mais uma semana!

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the freezing cold snow while we have nice weather here in the 70´s! Sorry to brag, but it has been one hot week!! 

The work this week was great! And we were able to baptize Natalia! Elder Morais was so excited and happy because it was his first baptism, which made me happy for him! It was a great baptismal service, especially for her brother who has been inactive for years. Everyone was able to tell that he was feeling the spirit strongly. We now are going to work to reactivate him! 

We also had three of our investigators in Sacrament meeting yesterday! See photos below... But Matteus has become a golden investigator. He enjoyed church yesterday, and was touched by the spirit and how organized the church is! It made me truly grateful for Prophets and Apostles, and the great leadership we have in our church. I think often we are quick to remember to read the scriptures, but it is of great importance also to read and study the words of the prophets here in the Latter Days. I have made a goal to read one talk daily, and already have noticed a huge difference!

Lately we have been working a lot with some less-active members. We were able to get a less-active to church yesterday also, and it was such an amazing feeling. He remembered his old times in the church, and agreed that it was something he needs to continue to do, and committed to return again next week! We are so happy for him, and hope he can stick to his decision

Back to talking about Matteus, an investigator we are teaching right now.. He loves to read, and we discovered that he has actually read the Book of Mormon before! We were both shocked, and happy to hear this. He agrees with all of the lessons, but all he has to do right now is act! We are praying for him. He is going to travel this week to the North of Brazil, but when he returns on the 22nd, we are going to challenge him to a date!


P.S. Sorry it has been a while since I sent some photos because my memory card picked up a virus. But all is well, I was able to get a new one!

Selfie

Matching with Elder Morais

With Mateus and his friend.

Aleshandre of the Luz ward!

Natalia's baptism!

Beautiful sunrise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...