Tuesday, January 24, 2017

22. Semana 6 of Luz!

Wow already the last week of the transfer!! The time has flown by here with my new companion and area. As I have thought about this area, my love has grown deep for the people here. Heavenly Father truly cares for all of his children!

This week was a pretty normal week, and there wasn´t many new things that happened. It is continuing to get hotter here, and this week was an experience!  It hasn´t rained much lately, so it is starting to get a bit dry also. Despite the heat, this week was amazing! Because our teaching group is a bit bigger now, we are able to work with the members a bit more often! I have truly recognized the miracles this week in working with the members and with the Lord...

We are teaching a Catholic couple right now, named Claudine and Adriana; they haven´t been super interested. They always receive us, but haven´t truly shown much interest. They said they would come to church, but didn´t show much excitedness. As we had pondered a lot about what member we could invite to teach them, we couldn´t think of who. We had been praying also, but no one came to mind. Our plan was to invite the investigators to church, and introduce them to members, and then invite those members the next week. As we walked into the chapel yesterday, we found Claudine and Adriana sitting down already conversing with a member. We later found out that this member had been a friend of theirs for a very long time! We were so happy to see that the Lord had answered our prayer. We marked our next visit for this Thursday. After talking with the member, they have appeared much more interested! Working with the members here, and inquiring of the Lord truly does bring miracles!

Lots of running around this week! As we have had to help the members a lot this week with there small little tasks, but the work has been great! Days are long and hot, but serving the Lord brings happiness! 

I read a talk this week by Elder Bednar about how we all can choose to be missionaries. As I have thought about this talk, I have thought a lot about how the Lord needs our devoted service. I thought about how we can choose to serve the Lord. The gift to choose is a gift that we use every second of every day. WIth this gift, we can choose to serve the Lord. Choosing the Lord is always the right choice! Grateful for all of your prayers, and hope everything is well back home! Um forte abraço!

Elder Nydegger

The Luz district. Left to right: Elder Aquino, me, Elder Ferreira, Elder Carson, Elder F. Sousa, Elder Morais

Selfie!

With Elder Morais


Picture with Antonio, one of our investigators


No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...