This is one of my last emails as a missionary which is weird to think. It is almost of feel of urgency. Of more things that I want to get done. More goals to accomplish. More people to reach.
This week went really well, and we are having a lot of sucess with our investigators. We have been teaching this girl named Emily. She has come to church several times and had a baptismal date for July 7th. Sadly her dad doesn´t want to let her receive the missionaries any more, and won´t let her do anything related to the church. We were super sad to hear this, but know that the Lord is in charge, and we are praying to know what we can do.
We have continued teaching Claudio. Unfortunately he didn´t come to church yesterday, and we aren´t quite sure why. We have an appointment tonight to teach him. We hope that he has prayed and read the Book of Mormon. And we hope that next week he will come to church.
Karine is still in a really tough situation, but still loves coming to church.
This week we had my last zone conference of the mission. It was sad as I bore my last testimony, but also a great moment reflecting at all of the changes I had seen on my mission, and all of the progress I have had. The church is a church of eternal progression! I really like what Brigham Young said. Sorry it is a little long, but I like how he talks about the importance of progress and our experience in life.
"The first great principle tha t ought to occupy the attentio n of mankind, that should be u nderstood by the child and the adult, and which is the main spring of all action, whether people understand it or not, i s the principle of improvement . The principle of increase, o f exaltation, of adding to tha t we already possess, is the g rand moving principle and caus e of the actions of the childr en of men. No matter what thei r pursuits are, in what nation they were born, with what peo ple they have been associated, what religion they profess, o r what politics they hold, thi s is the main spring of the ac tions of the people, embracing all the powers necessary in p erforming the duties of life (DBY, 87).
Life is about progressing. I like President Dallin H. Oaks talk about good, better, and best. I know that Christ makes up for our imperfect performances, but expects us to improve.
Love you all!
Elder Nydegger
No comments:
Post a Comment