What an awesome time of the year! It was awesome to talk to everyone on Monday! We had a good Christmas! I love the members here, they take such good care of us haha.
This week, it rained everyday. We got soaked, but it was a fun week, and we were able to find some new people to teach.
There wasn´t much to do in the office this week because of the holidays, so we were able to get some quality proselyting done. I love sharing the Gospel! Even in the rain haha.
On Wednesday, we were walking to one of our appointments, and it started to rain. The woman we were going to teach wasn´t home, se we ended up knocking some doors while getting rained on haha. Sometimes when it is raining, those are the days you just have to push through. We pushed through, and we found a new family who let us in. We taught them about the Restoration, and they are excited to know more!
Yesterday all of our appointments fell through, so we spent a lot of time on the road just knocking doors, but we were happy to know we were doing what the Lord wanted us to do.
I really appreciate the sacrament. I am grateful that we can renew our covenants every week, and be cleansed from our sins. We have to keep the commandments, remember Him, and take His name upon us. If we do so, we will have his spirit with us. I also love the Christmas season because everyone focuses on the birth of the Savior. While the Christmas season is over, we can still "always remember him." We can remember his humble birth. We can remember his perfect life, his perfect example. We can remember his obedience to the Father´s will as he atoned for our sins. We can remember how he carried his own cross to be crucified. We can remember his triumphous victory over death as he was ressurected. There are several ways we can remember the Lord. As we do so, we can be filled with His spirit. I have made the goal and plans to get to know the Savior better this year by following his example and studying his life. I love the Savior!
Sorry for rambling on so much, but here are more pictures of my week! Love you all so much!
Elder Nydegger
| Christmas Tree that Max and Charlie sent me |
| While Skyping the family on Christmas! |
| Found this while tracting |
| Caught in the rain again. |
No comments:
Post a Comment