Monday, January 29, 2018

74. Keep the Covenant Path

Hey fam!

One more excellent week here in the area Agua Verde! 

This past week we had Stake Conference, and they reorganized the Stake Presidency. Our Bishop was called as the new Stake President, and he will do great. We are all excited to see who will be our new Bishop.

Julia went to church last week! Wooohoo!! We are super stoked. We are praying that she will come tomorrow also so she can be baptized this Saturday! She has a pretty hard situation right now, so she has been such a good sport. 

Melissa has been working a ton this week, so we weren´t able to teach her, but she will be coming to church tomorrow, hopefully we can get a lesson in after church. We are still trying to help get married with Milton, so she can be baptized.

This week I was still recovering from my sickness, I felt super weak, but I am back to full speed now. We are still using the gym, so I am low key super swoll right now haha. One of the perks of living in our apartment. Definitely one of the better houses in the mission. Sometimes we see President using the gym or at the pool ( When he has time )

Stake Conference was AMAZING! Elder Raimundo Pinho, from São Paulo, gave such an amazing talk on the Atonement. On what the suffering was like for the Savior, on why he had to suffer, and how we can remember it. Recently I have been studying Jesus the Christ. I love how the book touches the subject of what He went through in the garden. Of course we will never be able to understand 100% of the affects of the Atonement, but we can learn more, and show our gratitude by being obedient to the Lord, and follow the Savior´s example. I am so grateful for the sacrament and that I can reflect on my Savior and receive a remission of my sins if I strive to keep my covenants. President Nelson talked about a little about covenants this last week. When we keep our covenants, we will be safe and happy in this world. I am so grateful that the Lord lets us make covenants with him. It is the way to go! :)

Love you all! Have a good week! I promise more pictures next week.

Elder Nydegger

Lunch with Bishop Sobrinho

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...