Tuesday, December 26, 2017

69. Christmas Conferences

Hey everyone!

What is up!! It is super hot here, so it doesn´t even feel like Christmas is in one week! I would love to see a few snow flakes for Christmas, but not sure if that wish will come true this year..

This week we had a bunch of Christmas Conferences, so it was super busy, and we had almost no time to work in the field, but the time we had, we were able to teach some awesome people, who I will talk about later. 

So the Christmas conferences were all day on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Starting at 9, and going until 5 or 6! It was a lot of work, but all of the conferences were great. I was the sound guy, and also threw together a fire playlist of some MOTAB😎

All of the conferences had talent shows. On Tuesday, I participated in the Haka with a missionary from New Zealand, and a few other Elders. On Wednesday I played the piano with a Sister who was on the Violin, and on Thursday, I acted out / sang Armies of Helaman with a few Elders. It was fun, and the spirit was strong!

Last Saturday we got to sing at the temple. It was super fun, and even some investigators were able to make it and participate. 

This week we found a family that moved here recently from Belem. It is a city in the Northern part of Brazil. This family is so amazing. The father, Marc, is actually an inactive member who is looking to return to normal activity in the church. He was born in Brazil, but raised in Provo after being adopted. The mother, Taís, was born in Belem, and has been looking for a church her enitre life. Taíse, their daughter has been coming to the institute, and wants to be baptized. They have one more daughter, Aisha, who is 3 years old and is Hilarious!

But anyways, we taught this family about the Restoration, and Taís told us at the end that she believes she has found the chur ch she was looking for. Taíse told us she wanted to be baptized before we said the opening prayer which was crazy! They want to be baptized here, and then move back to live in Salt Lake or Provo. Their family is so awesome!

Melissa came to church last week! wooohooo!! She was busy with work this week, but says she will come to church again tomorrow!

This week was awesome filled with the Spirit of Christmas, despite the lack of snow. :( 
But I love this time of the year when we celebrate not just the birth, but the life of our Savior!

Elder Nydegger

P.S. My camera is at our house, so I´ll send some pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...