Monday, December 19, 2016

18: Luz!

Wow what a long, yet awesome week it has been here in my new area. I was truly sad to leave São Jose, the people, my companion, yet I was also eager and excited to meet my first kid, and go to my next area where the Lord wanted me to serve! (kid is a term we use here in the mission for people we train)

I met my companion later on Monday. His name is Elder Morais. He is from Belem, Brazil. He is awesome, and truly has a deep love for this missionary work. He is the only member in his family, and his family doesn´t really support him. He is a great example to me of selfless service, and he is teaching me so much. We arrived in our new area Monday night, dropped off our bags, and got to work! We are practically opening up the area here, so we knocked lots of doors and made tons of contacts.
On Wednesday, we helped two Elders move into our house. We are living with another companionship right now in a house. Their names are Elder Ferreira and Elder D'Sousa. 

On Saturday, we knocked one house, and talked with an amazing family. They are so kind, loving, and receptive. We taught the Restoration to them, and Elder Morais and I both are excited to return, and try to contact them again.
I thought a lot this week about the intentions of our hearts. I have tried to truly work on my intentions this week. The intention of carrying the message of the restored gospel to the people here in Luz. At times things may be hard, but if we truly do what the Lord wants, we will be happy, and receive help in our lives. 

Other than that nothing really new this week. Lots of contacts, and door knocking, and lots of looking! Can´t believe Christmas is already in just one week! Time is passing by fast here! Love you all, Merry Christmas!

Elder Nydegger

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...