Monday, December 12, 2016

17: Transfers!

Boa semana! I hope you all had an awesome week like we did! First off, unfortunately Marines, Silveiro, and Leo weren´t baptised last week, we moved the date to December 24 because Marines and Silveiro felt like their son wasn´t ready. We are excited for them, and they are excited also. Both Elder Soares and I are being transferred to different areas, so neither of us will be able to attend the baptism, but other missionaries are going to do great here. A little more about transfers... Elder Soares is being transferred to a different area here in the zone São Jose. He will train another American, and will also continue to be the zone leader. But I am going to a different zone. I will be going to Zone Luz, and will be training a Brazilian. YIKES! It is a little bit closer to the city. I definitely will miss São Jose, the people, the members, the area, but I am also very excited to move on to the next stage of my mission!

Well this week was a long, but an amazing week, and I recognized the Lords hand in my life this week! On Monday we went to our usual appointment with Marines and her family. We were a bit surprised that they wanted to move the date, but also we knew that it would be best. The lessons with them are always AMAZING! The spirit is strong, and they truly are experiencing these things for themselves. We also helped them paint this week! It was a bit of a long morning hah, but was awesome!

We spent a lot of time this week looking for new investigators, and we made a lot of contacts. It is definitely a bit upsetting when you just want the people to accept the message, but they don´t hah! We know how much the gospel could bless their lives, but not everyone understands. Agency is an amazing gift God gave to us, and it is something I tried to study this week. God truly loves us, and our experience here on Earth is because of God´s immense love for us! Everything that Heavenly Father does for us is for our benefit. Whether that be trials, or in times of peace. I feel like when we look on life with that perspective, we can truly be blessed and learn, even in times of trouble. We have our agency here to choose, but also we have people on our team to help us. Family, friends, and the Godhead themselves! What a huge blessing that is. And what a blessing it is that God provided a way for us!

We had a district meeting on Thursday, and also I had a division with Elder Cassador. We were working in the area here in São Jose. We made lots of contacts, and we were able to teach a man named Allison about the Restoration. He was very receptive, and we marked an appointment to return. We are excited for the other elders to return and help him continue to progress.

Nothing much is new this week, but transfers! Love you all and hope you are enjoying the snow and the Christmas season! Um abraço!
Elder Nydegger

Division with Elder Cassador

Last picture with Marines, Silveiro, Leo, and Sheila

Training with the AP's, Elder Severo and Elder Franca

Painting with Elder Soares

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...