Wednesday, February 28, 2018

79. Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God

Hey everyone!

Can I even ever say that I didn´t have a good week on the mission? Seriously I am so happy and love my time so much, even in the hard times. I am having the time of my life and don´t want it to end!

Well here´s a random funny story. We were knocking doors several times this week, and our area has tons of dogs. It is kind of like the peoples alarms to their houses! But when ever we clap (In Brazil they are fences, so you have to clap to get people to come to the door) the dogs start going nuts. And this week as we did it, tons of dogs just started fighting. Super random but super funny to watch these dogs light each other up!

This week we took several trips to the Federal Police Station, seeing that Brazil has been changing their policies with visas and passports. Kind of annoying because we just have to figure it out ourselves, but also a good thing because that´s the better way to learn.

Funny story. As we were on the bus going there, this homeless guy with out shoes just comes flying down the hill on his longboard with his arms out in front of him to get the aerodynamics going. It looked like someone in a squatting dive position on a longboard, bombing a hill. Reminded me of all the times longboarding at the U with my dad, uncles, and cousins. Good times.

Enough about these funny stories, and more to the spiritual experiences of the week. Well we are seeing miracles in our area. Melissa decided to be baptized! Such a miracle. Can´t express my joy for her and her decision. She was living with her boyfriend, and we had felt that we had done everything to try and help her. When on Sunday she showed up to church and said, "What are a few months when you have eternity?" I felt the spirit so strong when I heard this. I don´t know how it worked, or what happened, but I know the Lord´s hand was present. She will be baptized in one weekNext Saturday!!

District meeting was incredible this week. Our district is so awesome, and we are all good friends. I always love District Meeting, but this week the spirit was so strong, and everyone was there to learn. These are moments to remember.

This week I had a scripture come into my head over and over. Which was Matthew 6:33. It reads,

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

What an awesome scripture, and I´d like to add to it. I know this scripture is true. I reflected on it this week, and it made me think of how God´s plan is perfect. Everything just works out. I can´t really explain how some things work out or why, but God makes it happen. If we truly seek first the kingdom of God in our lives, "all these things shall be added unto you". I am trying to seek more the kingdom of God. To be better at submitting to His will. As I do so, I can feel a difference. I know that He loves us!

Sorry this e-mail was a little shorter, but here are some pictures!

Elder Nydegger








No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...