Here I am in your inbox once more! Not even sure if anyone reads these e-mails any more :) But what a busy week!
On Monday we had to go to the Federal Police Station with all of the new missionaries. Man I can hardly remember being so new on the mission. Time flies!!!
Tuesday through Thursday we had Zone Conferences here, so the office was packed and crazy. President talked about the importance we have to study and teach the Doctrine of Christ. Nothing more, nothing less. It made me think of what Jesus Christ taught in 3 Nephi 11. In verse 39 and 40 he says,
39 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.
40 And whoso shall declare more or less than this, and establish it for my doctrine, the same cometh of evil, and is not built upon my rock; but he buildeth upon a sandy foundation, and the gates of hell stand open to receive such when the floods come and the winds beat upon them.
In 3 Nephi 11, it is explained so simply and well. I love this gospel so much. Sometimes I think we over complicate things, but we need to remember that the Lord´s gospel is simple.
On Thursday night, President called us and told us that our mission was going to receive a new missionary. He was being transferred from the São Paulo South mission. His name is Elder Lancaster. He is from Sandy, UT, and is such a cool guy! It was super fun to get to know him, and go on splits with him.
This week we tried to use the Book of Mormon in our street contacts. I have noticed a difference personally. I have become more direct in my contacts, and have been able to explain my purpose better.
Even with all of the Zone Conferences, we were able to get some quality time with our investigators and knocking doors. We were able to find two new investigators.
Julia still doesn´t want to leave her church - Seventh-day Adventist Church. She feels good at this church, and it is right next to her house. We are struggling to know what we can do to help her, but maybe we just need to let her act for herself and use her own agency, even if it is hard to see her do it.
We were knocking doors this week and we started talking to this woman. She has a friend who lives in Utah, so she was interested as in to what we believed. We gave her Book of Mormon, invited her to read a part, and marked to go back next Friday. The Book of Mormon is the most powerful instrument in conversion.
Sunday was a great day. The whole mission was fasting with purpose to accomplish our goals and plans in 2018. Testimony meeting was great. I try to always share my testimony. I like the scripture in D&C 62:3 that talks about our testimonies. The testimony I have, I have the duty to share it with everyone. To help others come unto Christ so they can have a testimony too. I love being a missionary, and wouldn´t trade the opportunity of sharing my testimony with others for anything. As I share my testimony, I can feel it growing.
We still are waking up early to play basketball which has been a blast.
Have an awesome week! I took some more pics this week which I attached.
| Morning Hoops with Elder Arscott |
| New missionaries at Police Station |
| Ribs |
| Mission Friends |
| Mission Friends |
| with Elder Lancaster |
No comments:
Post a Comment