Saturday, February 17, 2018

78. Today is the Day of Our Salvation

Hey everyone! One more week down and wow what another busy week. 

I only have three more weeks here in the office, and then I´ll be heading back to the field. It will be hard to say good bye to the members and the ward. I have truly loved this area. 

So this week I went on a division in the area called Bairro Novo. I was on splits with Elder Azevedo. He is a new trainer with about 4 months in his mission. It makes me think about the first time I trained with his amount of time. I think it was the best way for me to learn. Being thrown right into the fire as President puts it! 

After lunch today, I´m going on splits again until Sunday, night, so we are pretty busy this morning. 

Our area is hanging in there. Elder Silva´s foot is pretty bad, and the doctor told him he can´t walk for 5 days, so we´ve had to go on splits with other missionaries and members to keep our area going. 

Julia´s baptismal date is for the 24th of February. She received an answer that we are really happy about, but is struggling to believe that the answer she received is truly the answer she´s been waiting for. It made me think about prayer a lot. I know Heavenly Father listens to us. He is willing to give us answers, but will only give us answers when we have real intent. Meaning that we will act according to the answer he gives us.

On Thursday, while on splits, almost all of our appointments fell through. However, we were able to teach this one woman about the atonement. She told us she wants to stop her smoking addiction. Through the redeeming power of the atonement, we all can be made strong.

Next week will be filled with more splits, and also a conference for all of the new missionaries, so it will be pretty busy. But I like being busy. I feel like I get more done!

Yesterday I was studying more about agency. I started reading in Alma 34 when Amulek was talking about the Plan of Salvation. He was the man! But what stuck out to me this time I read it was verse 31. It reads,

31 Yea, I would that ye would come forth and aharden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the bday of your csalvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and dharden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you.

I like that phrase. "Now is the time and the day of your salvation." I thought about it for a while and as to what it means. The choices that we make today will determine our Salvation. We can choose today which path we will follow. Kind of like 2 Nephi 2:27, "...and they are free to choose liberty and eternal life..." Agency. We have the ability to choose for ourselves. We can choose to follow the commandments, and to keep our covenants, or we don´t choose to. We know the consequences, whether good or bad. If we think about the long run and our goal, eternal life, it can help us make good choices even in trials. The day of our salvation is today! 🙏

Love you all soo much! I am so blessed to be on a mission, and have the support I do.



ELDER NYDEGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...