Wednesday, February 14, 2018

76. New Companion!

What´s up everybody!

This week was so sweet! First off, my new companion is Elder Arscott from St. George. (Actually Hurricane) He is super funny, so we´re having a good time. So he will be taking my place here in the office, so next transfer I´ll be heading back out to the field!! Woohoo! That means I will have three more transfers in the field. WHAAAAT? Where is the time going??

But anyways I am super happy here. This week was super busy in the office, so we didn´t have as much time teaching our investigators, but they are doing great. 

We are gonna head over to Julias tonight to confirm church with her. She came last week, so we were all super stoked!

Sadly, iago is going to move, but we are going to pass his new address to the Elders in his new city. 

Telmo and Maria told us that they know our church his true! They want to come to church, but feel bad doing so because they aren´t married. We are trying to motivate them enough to get them out to church. 

The members here are the bomb! They have been helping out so much, and this last week we had two Family Nights to take investigators and Recent Converts. I´ll be sure to snag those pics from the members this week. 

Last week there was also a ward baptism that was super spiritual for me. So the kid who was baptized is absolutely a stud. He reminds of my brothers. When I saw him walking into the baptismal font, I imagined my brothers doing the same thing as they were baptized a few months back. Idk why, but the spirit just hit me, and I was struggling to hold the tears back. I love the soothing feeling of the Holy Ghost. 

Hoping the Eagles will pull it off tomorrow. Not a huge fan of the Pats, so go Eagles! I also hear that the Titans are putting in some serious work on the basketball Court, so keep grinding! I have actually been playing basketball every day with Elder Arscott. We wake up at 6 and get some solid time in. On Wednesday we got up to ball out, but it was super dark still, so I told my comp that maybe it wouldn´t work. He just said, "That´s all good, cuz it´s bout to get lit!" Hahah he´s the funniest guy, and I am loving to work with him. 

This week I studied a lot about Prayer. I really want to improve the quality of my prayers. Sometimes it almost seems robotic because I pray so much, so this has something I have wanted to improve. I liked reading section 31 of Doctrine and Covenants. It talks about when Thomas Marsh was called to be a missionary. But what really stuck out to me was verse 12. "Pray always, lest you enter into temptation and lose your reward." It made me think about how important prayer is. It can give us strength to withstand the enemy´s attacks. I love this gospel so much, and I know that when we pray, Heavenly Father listens to us.

Love,
Elder Nydegger



No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...