Wednesday, September 27, 2017

54. Federal Police Station

Well hello everyone!! This week was awesome, and the time has been passing by pretty fast here in my new area. This week was sweet! 

President took us to a Rodizios grill, which was super good. He is awesome, and loves having lunch with the misisonaries. That is one benefit of being in the office. We get to know President a little more, so I am trying my best to learn a lot with him.

On Monday, we were able to leave the office a little earlier to get some proselyting done. It was a long night without any appointments, but we were able to find at least one family to teach. They are going through some hard times in their lives with health, jobs, divorce, etc. We marked to go back tomorrow!

Paulo and Diva are also super excited! It is funny because he is caught up in this "ministry" which basically means all of the discussions, etc. He is so excited to be a member. They were talking to us, a little frustrated with the temptations they are battling as they are trying to keep the commandments. We talked about the Atonement. They understand that they can get through this and that conversion takes time.  Prior to receiving the missionaries, they weren´t quite sure why they had recently move here to Curitiba, when Paulo suddenly said, "We came here to find our salvation" It was awesome to hear and watch him process it.

We weren´t able to teach Willen this week, but we will pass by his house tonight! He still hasn´t wanted to come to church, but we are working with him.

Last night we had a Priesthood Barbeque! It was awesome. Paulo was able to back it, and he loved it. Also, President and his family are in our ward, so President went with his boys, and we got to see President play soccer, and boy he still is a great player hah!

On Friday, we went to the Federal Police Station to renew some visas. It is always so awesome. We made tons of contacts there, and gave a lot of pass along cards. 

This time, there was a teenager from Turkey! He only speaks English, so it was fun to do a contact in English. There was another teenager from Taiwan. Unfortunately she doesn´t speak Portuguese, and very little English. She was pretty frightened to talk to us hah!

Right now as I am thinking back on those contacts, I feel really grateful to be here sharing the gospel. There is such a big work to be done, and I am lucky enought to be apart of it. This week we have tried to include the atonement in more of our teaching. I am so grateful to have a Savior. This week I studied the "Elder Nelson´s 2200 Scripture challenge" For those of you who don´t know, they are 2200 scriptures about the Savior. So far it has been awesome, and I am really hopeful to grow my testimony of the Savior. He lives!! Love you all!

Elder Nydegger

With Willen

Weekly planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...