This week, we had a lot of success, and I was able to recognize Heavenly Fathers hands in my life every day. He truly is watching us and looking out for us. We taught Clovis and his family again this week. This truly is a hard time for them, and it is hard to see, but also amazing that we are able to help him as we teach his family the gospel. It is helping them through this difficult time. We are going to challenge them to be baptized this week, so we are excited about that.
On Wednesday, it poured rain. The typical weather here in the summer is a very warm early afternoon, and showers in the late afternoon. However, Elder Soares and I were not very prepared on Wednesday. We were knocking doors on a street, when out of no where it just started pouring. We ran to a bus stop for cover, and were huddled under it with several other people. We talked to a few of them, but most of them weren´t very interested because they were all too bugged by the rain. We were soaked, but the rain soon stopped, and we were able to start working again.
We are teaching a girl named Karen, and had a cool experience with her this week. We taught her the restoration, and invited her to pray about it. She of course accepted, but we could tell she wasn´t too interested. We had been keeping her in our prayers, when randomly two days later we received a text from her. It said "Elders, we need to talk.. I want to be baptised this Saturday" We were a little confused at first as it was so random, but we were so excited! Unfortunately we had to tell here she has to come to church at least twice before, but she is still excited. Heavenly Father answered her and our prayers.
I read this week a talk of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. It is called "Lord, I Believe" It talks a lot about faith. Faith truly works miracles. Heavenly Father blesses us when we have faith. And when we have faith, it will only continue to grow. I am grateful for testimonies, and I am grateful to know that they can improve. Everything in our lives can always continue to improve or grow. And that is because of Jesus Christ.. He is our Savior
I hope you all have a good week! Love you all!
Elder Nydegger
| Ordering pizza with Elder Soares |
| I love the cheap fruit in Brazil! |
| Divisions with Elder Sena! |
| Teaching Karen about tithing |
| Less active family that we are working with. |
| Family Home Evening! |
No comments:
Post a Comment