Monday, October 24, 2016

First Baptism!

This week was awesome!! We had two baptisms, and they were the first baptisms for me in the field. We had one on Saturday for Raquel. This gospel is so amazing. We have seen in the past four weeks how this gospel is changing their lives. It is a miracle. On Sunday, we held the baptism of Romolo. This gospel has also changed his family's life so much. His siblings are already members, but less active. And what was even more amazing was that Romolo´s dad was able to baptise him! The spirit was so strong, and we are excited to visit him again next week and talk about the Baptism! 

Another miracle this week. We found an extra golden family. There are four people in their family. We are visiting them later tonight, so I will take some pictures and send them next week! But they are so awesome. We have already taught them once, and tonight we are going to invite them to be baptized. They don't have much, yet they are so happy. It is so humbling to see this, and I have a strong love for them.

This week I read about the Sons of Mosiah. (talk about successful missionaries...) In Mosiah 28:3, it talks about the love the Sons of Mosiah had for the people they were serving. They couldn´t stand to think that one should should be lost. For me, that is the definition of charity. (The pure love of Christ) The Sons of Mosiah truly loved the people with all of their heart, might, mind, and strength. And the result of this was their success. They found success being missionaries because they truly loved and served the people. I hope I can develop that kind of love for the people of Brazil. The Lord has already filled me with so much of his love, and the cool thing about the gospel is that this love will only continue to grow! 

It is amazing to see how much this gospel is blessing the lives of the people here. As they keep commitments, they start feeling the love of Christ. As this gospel is changing their lives, it is changing mine as well. We can always hope to increase and make things better in our lives, the Savior loves all of us, and this is his church!

Hope you all have an awesome week! Um abraço!

Elder Nydegger


I made French Toast for my room-mates.  It was their first time and they loved it! Elder J. Santos and Elder Soares

Pizza is served as a dessert here.  Delicious! Elder Aquino, Elder B. Sousa, and Elder Soares

Raquel's baptism.

Celebration of Raquel's baptism.

Romolo's baptism.

Celebration of Romolo's baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...