Monday, October 24, 2016

Time Flies!

Crazy to think that another week has gone by here! This week was awesome, and the time passed so fast! And I am really enjoying my time here serving the Lord! One of the most cool things about the gospel is the joy we feel when we share it. The more you share it, the more you grow to appreciate it, and the greater desire you have to share more! The language is still a struggle, but improving! The gift of tongues is real, and I feel Heavenly Father helping me with this!
Well where to start? This next week we have two baptisms! One on Saturday, and one on Sunday! Elder Soares and I are both very excited! We have seen and feel how this Gospel truly is changing our investigators lives. On Friday, we were able to give a blessing to one of our investigators. Her name is Karen and she is 23 years old. Her mom is a member, and she asked us if we could give her a blessing because she was feeling very sick that day. I was able to anoint the oil, and Elder Soares sealed the anointing. It was an awesome experience, and when we talked with her the next day, she felt much better. The power of the Priesthood is real, and never doubt it. If we have faith, the Lord can work mighty miracles.
This week we had a lesson planned for Romolo, (one of the investigators who will be baptized this week) and we were running pretty late. We were stressing out, and I remembered the story of the Savior always caring for the one. Elder Soares had this same impression. We stopped and decided to bater portas (knock on doors). We tried one house, and we were able to teach a woman named Ann about the restoration. She is really excited, and we have another lesson with her tomorrow. This was a reminder that we should constantly strive to care for the one, and was a humbling experience for me!
This week I was reading in Ether. Most of you are probably familiar with the scripture Ether 12:27, but I really like this scripture. Because of the atonement, we can make our weaknesses become strengths. How cool is that? We can always be striving to become better in our lives. And this is another cool thing about the gospel. Our knowledge can always be growing. It is important to always be humble and strive to become better in our lives. As we rely on the Savior, he will help us become more than we ever could become on our own.
Well -- hope you all have a good week! The church is true, never doubt it! Ciao!
Elder Nydegger
Pictures..


Romolo and his brother Alfonso!

Service project at a sisters home with Elder B. Sousa and Elder Aquino!

She has 31 dogs!

Learning how to make pastels with Jose

Playing a song for Jose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...