Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Conference was Amazing!

What a week! The time truly does fly out here! This week was awesome, and Elder Soares and I had a lot of success! We have two dates for baptism, and five new investigators. I love sharing this Gospel and as I testify, I come to appreciate the gospel even more.
General Conference was AMAZING! As a missionary, your love for the brethren truly does grow exponentially! After not seeing any of our investigators make it to the chapel on Saturday, or Sunday morning, Elder Soares and I were a little discouraged. As we sat in the chapel, and awaited the start of the Sunday afternoon session, two of our investigators walked in ________ and ________. But not only did they walked in, but they also had their whole family too! It was awesome, and was one of the many miracles we experienced this week. They enjoyed it, and we are going to challenge them to baptism later tonight! 

I really liked President Uchtdorf´s talk this week about the Plan of Salvation. We are so lucky to have this gospel in our lives. And as Elder Soares and I were eating lunch in a restaurant one day, I watched another family walk in. It made me think about the Plan of Salvation and eternal families. Because I have been a member my whole life, I often take for granted the fact and the blessing that we can live with our families forever. I have always had that knowledge, but as I watched this family, I thought to myself about how difficult it might be to not have that knowledge. About why we are here, where we are going. As President Uchtdorf said, " The Plan of Salvation can answer life´s most complex questions." That is true. This was such a great experience for me. It made me want to share this knowledge with everyone, so everyone can experience the joy that this gospel brings!

Tied along with that story and the Plan of Salvation is a scripture I read this week.  Alma 34:32. This verse talks about why we are here. Before we came to Earth, we lived with God, yet when we came to Earth we forgot everything. And now we are here so we can prepare to meet God. All of our choices here affect the next life. This is a cool scripture, and Elder Soares and I have started using it a lot in our lessons.
I am really enjoying my time down here. The language is hard, but that is how it is meant to be. I am learning, and I am being patient. I love all of you and miss you! Have an awesome week!
Elder Nydegger
P.S. We can´t really take our cameras around down here, so sorry for not sending very many pictures!  We had a great time at the temple!


No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...