Well they don´t let you email the first week and a half, so it has been a long 11 days! Also, sorry if my English is bad... we are writing on Portuguese keyboards, and it is kind of hard. So bare with me!
Well I don´t know where to start because it has been so long! We got settled into our rooms, and we soon started class. My district is awesome. Most of us were together in Atlanta. I would send more pictures, but unfortunately in the MTC, they don't let us send pictures... super bummed about that, but I guess I'll just have to send out a long list as soon as I'm in the field!
One interesting thing here is the food. It is all so good, but honestly I have no idea what I am eating half of the time. We get breakfast lunch and dinner with no snacks, so we do get kind of hungry, haha, but that is all right.
On Sunday we got to hear a devotional from Elder Neil A. Anderson. It was so awesome. He said something that really stuck with me.. ``missions are not complex, but they are not easy.`` I have definitely found that to be true this past week! It is difficult adjusting to the schedule and trying to learn the language, but it also isn´t too bad. It will come, and I know that as I work hard, I will be blessed.
My companions are amazing! I am in a trio with Elder Reid and Elder Herlin.. They both are amazing! Elder Reid is from Connecticut, and we both have sooo much in common. I think I have laughed harder with him then I have with anyone else. And Elder Herlin, he is from Texas, he is also very awesome, and I can tell that he is going to be such an awesome missionary.
We are teaching an investigator named Pedro, and progressing. We taught him yesterday, and had him pray at the end of the lesson. Following that, I asked him how he felt, and he said ``I feel good, and at peace`` I then said ``That is the Holy Ghost, and that is what God wants you to feel`` I immediately felt the Spirit super strongly, and knew that what I was doing was the right thing, and that I am here to change lives. Heavenly Father loves all of his children the same, and delights in the fact that missionaries can share his word with more of his children. I know this church is true, and that God is our loving Heavenly Father, and that he did send his son for us.
I love you all and miss you all!
Ciao!
Elder Nydegger
| Picture with my dad's cousin Angie Brasher Basset and her husband, Elder Mark Bassett. |
No comments:
Post a Comment