Thursday, May 25, 2017

38. Mother are the Best!

Wow what a fantastic week it was here! It was so great to talk to the family again. It makes me feel so blessed for all the love and support I have. I am also grateful for my mom. She is the most kind, loving, hard working, selfless, patient, and humble person I know. I know that I wouldn´t be who I am today without my mom. I am grateful for all the love and support she has given me, and the love and support that she continues to give me. Love you mom!

This week, it has seemed to heat up quite a bit. The weather here has actually been crazy! Nothing compared to Utah, so I am able to handle it! We had such an amazing week. We are both soo excited for the marriage of Lucas and Bianca, and after the baptism of Bianca. They have prepared so much, and they are so ready to make sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. We know that the next step also will be the temple. They are already very excited knowing that one day they will be sealed together for eternity.

Sydnei is on fire! He already looks like an experienced member with all the comments he makes, and with his testimony. He is a great example to me of diligence. He has Parkinson´s disease, and he struggles to take the sacrament, and overall eating is very hard for him. He said he wasn´t feeling to well this week, but promised that he would wake up, get ready, catch the bus, and come to church. All of that he wanted to do to take the Sacrament. He never complains, and he always is happy. I have learned a lot from him, and am grateful for the lessons I continue to learn from him.

Unfortunately Marilda didn´t come to church this week. We have continued to teach her, and she is very excited about the baptism, but she has problems waking up in the morning. We have faith that the Lord will help her out if she does her part.

We were able to start teaching a different couple this week. Their names are Maria and Luis. We were amazed at how well they received us, and were amazed at how much faith they had. They said that they wanted to come to church. So, Sunday morning we passed by their house, and there they were, all ready, and very excited. They both loved it, and we are going to return back tomorrow.

As this week has been the week of Mother´s Day, i wanted to share a few thoughts on our Mothers in the world. We are so blessed to have such devoted women. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland gave a great talk about Mothers. I love a part in his talk that says, "No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child.
We are so lucky to have such loving and wonderful mothers, and the task that they carry is a task that often isn´t recognized. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us perfectly and unconditionally. They are routing for us, and they always will love us. They care so much about what we do here in mortality, and hope that we choose to follow the Gospel. Love you all so much!

Elder Nydegger

P.S. I have tons of pictures I need to send, but they aren´t uploaded right now. I promise tons of pictures in the next email! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...