Monday, October 9, 2017

59. Baptism of Guilherme



What´s up yáll? This was a great week!

So... Guilherme was baptized an Saturday, and will be confirmed tomorrow which is super cool! I´ll attach some pictures of the baptism. The spirit was really strong, and I think it helped strengthen his father, Lanny, a lot. After the baptism, Guilherme´s younger brother came up to me and asked me when he could have his turn, haha. What a stud! He is such a cute kid, and actually reminds me a lot of Max and Charlie.

This week we also had zone conferences which was awesome. I got to see lots of friends. That is one benefit of being in the office. President focused his Conference on the Book of Mormon again. We all took time to answer the questions President Nelson proposed. President Nelson is the man! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon, and I am working hard to strengthen my testimony of the Book of Mormon.

This week we were walking to an appointment, when the Bishop called us and told us he had an appointment at 21:00 for us. He told us the address and everything, and when we got there, it turned it out was a Pizzeria. Our Bishop is awesome, and such a nice guy!

This week we were getting on the bus. I had to go to the Federal Police Station to renew some visas. I went with Elder Prestes, but as we were getting on the Bus, the doors started to close on me. Long story short, I was able to get in, but the bus closed on my bag, and my bag was stuck outside of the bus. I also was pinched to the door and couldn't move very easily. It was raining, so my bag got super soaked, but made for a funny experience.  

Also we had to go to the IRS this week to get some documents. We spent a good hour on the bus, and another hour in the line just to figure out that São Paulo some how already had the documents, and we were gonna have to get them from São Paulo. We were confused as to what had happened, but oh well, we´ll figure it out! 

Anyways, wanted to talk about a few conference themes really quick. 

1. Jesus Christ -
Elder Christofferson talked about the Sacrament, the meanings, and the symbolism in it which was awesome. Once a week we are able to renew our covenants, and if we are true to our covenants, receive a remission of sins. What an incredible gift! 

I really like what Elde Koch has said about our words. Our words should show and reflect our beliefs in the Savior and His Atonement. 

Elder Wadell - If we trust in him, we will be lift up on the last day. What an awesome promise. I love the Savior, and know that as we strive to be like him, we will be bless, and grow closer to him.

2. The Book of Mormon - 

Last conference, President Monson gave an amazing talk on the Book of Mormon. He also promised lots of things if we read the Book of Mormon. We will be more protected against the bad in the world. He then says that if we don´t have a testimony of the Book of Mormon, we need to do what is necessary to get one.
President Nelson followed President Monson´s advice. And studied about those three questions. 
  • How would your life be without the Book of Mormon?
  • What would you not know?
  • What would you not have?
The Book of Mormon gives us purpose in life, and gives inspiration, direction, and protection.
Elder Callister talked about the critics who try to destroy the Book of Mormon, but no one can deny the witnesses or the history of this Book."It is the most correct Book on Earth!"

3. Follow the Prophet

Every General Authority this last conference expressed their love for the prophet, and their knowledge that he is called of God. I think it is an awesome example for us. 

4. Ordinances, Covenants, and Promises.

I really like Elder Bednar´s talks. I think he teaches very clearly and helps us understand the doctrine. I liked how he talked about these promises. We can obtain power from god when we receive ordinances and make covenants with God. He also talked about the Sabbath Day and the Temple, and helped me understand them a lot. 

Priesthood Session - Elder Renlund - If we break our covenants, we won´t have those promises and blessings. After making covenants, we need to strive to keep them. When I am tempted, I like to think of the covenants I have made with the Lord. This gives me strength to keep going. 

A ton of other things were said at conference, but those were some of the themes I enjoyed. Sorry to go on again, but I am still stoked about conference, and everything we learned! Sad to see Elder Hales go. He has fought a hard fight, and has been faithful until the end. Love you all!!

Boa semana
Elder Nydegger


Guilherme was baptized by Fabio, one of the priests in the Ward
Lunch before conference



No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...