Monday, August 7, 2017

50. Temple!

Heyyyyy everyone! We had such an awesome week here! We were traveling quite a bit, so we were pretty busy. But being so busy, we were able to be productive and have a good week.

This week we had our leadership council in Curitiba with all of the Zone Leaders. It was awesome to be able to catch up with some friends, and also learn lots of things. President talked a lot about faith, the role of the Holy Ghost, and about exact obedience. We have been working hard to apply these things we learned and reviewed. 

On Saturday we were able to go to the temple, and wow what an amazing experience it was. Here in our mission, we are able to go to the temple about every 4 months. It gives us time to prepare and get ready before each visit. It was also an awesome experience because I am about my one year mark, so I could reflect on this past year, what I could have done better, and how I am going to improve in the future. The spirit was so strong, and I was able to learn so much.

Well because of the bus rides, and all of the traveling, we only had three days to work here in our area. We weren´t able to follow up with all of our investigators as we would have liked, but we were able to find some new investigators and mark some baptism dates. I know that the Lord is watching over us. 

On Sunday we weren´t able to get any investigators to church which we were a bit sad about, but this week we have much more time to work, and we are hoping and confident that Gustavo´s baptism will go through this Saturday. We have another baptismal date for Wagner on August 19th. He is awesome and is so excited for his baptism. He is Gustavo´s cousin.

With the temple trip this week,my testimony of temples was strengthened. I truly know that it is the house of the Lord. The temple President gave a devotional a few weeks back. Someone asked him if he had ever seen the Savior in the temple. He said "No.. I have never seen the Savior in person, but I feel his presence every day." He is so right. We can feel his presence at the temple more than in an other place. I am grateful for temples and the opportunity we have to feel the Lord´s presence! I love the temple! 

This week is transfer week already. I am pretty sure I will be staying here in the area with Elder J Santos. We are loving it. Have the best week!

Elder Reid and Elder Herlin
Picture with President Cuvelier



Left to right: Elder Cappi, Elder J. Santos, me, Elder Quaresma


No comments:

Post a Comment

96. I'll Never Be the Same

Hey everyone!  The past few months/weeks, I have received lots of questions like, "Joe, what did you get out of your mission?"...